Shoppers can now complete online purchases through Visa Checkout by sliding a virtual image of their credit, debit or prepaid card across the screen of their smartphone. “Now, instead of a lightbox, a consumer sees a picture of her card on the Visa Checkout button, swipes it to the right and simply enters her password inside the button itself to authenticate,” Visa says. “The interactive button is now available globally to merchants selling digital goods and services, or items that customers purchase online and pick up in a physical store.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway