Indian mobile payments platform Paytm plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year, the company’s CEO has told Economic Times. “This year, we will be present offline in every nook and corner,” Vijay Shekhar Sharma said. “Our offline payments will become as big as our online payments.” Paytm users can complete in-store transactions by scanning a code with their mobile phone.The company is also currently trialling sound-based payments.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland