Indian mobile payments platform Paytm plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year, the company’s CEO has told Economic Times. “This year, we will be present offline in every nook and corner,” Vijay Shekhar Sharma said. “Our offline payments will become as big as our online payments.” Paytm users can complete in-store transactions by scanning a code with their mobile phone.The company is also currently trialling sound-based payments.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway