Vodafone Germany has demonstrated at CeBIT 2016 the first NFC mobile payment transaction made with a Girocard — the most common debit card in the country— stored in a Vodafone Wallet. “The transaction was made using a smartphone and a POS terminal with NFC, initiated and successfully authorized by the Girocard system,” the carrier says. “In a next step, the partners explore concrete possibilities of joint implementation in the market.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway