Telecoms provider Indosat Ooredoo is to launch an NFC-based mobile payment service in Indonesia next month, Detik iNet reports. The move will see the company introduce a D Tap contactless payment card that can be linked to an NFC SIM card to enable payments to be made on a mobile device. The service “can be used by any bank clients and users of any telecommunications operator,” the publication says.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway