Handset maker Xiaomi has filed a patent in Korea for a mobile payment service called Xiaomi Pay, The Korea Herald reports. “There is speculation that Xiaomi’s upcoming mid-range smartphone Mi5 will feature the NFC mobile payment service,” the publication says. “The patent filing in the Korean market indicates that the Chinese tech firm plans to roll out its smartphone here.” The Mi5 was unveiled during Mobile World Congress and is equipped with NXP’s secure element and NFC solution.
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks
- German MNO begins SIM-based NFC mobile payments pilot