The global value of NFC mobile and wearable payments is expected to reach US$95bn annually by 2018, up from less than $35bn last year, according to Juniper Research. “Apple’s entry into NFC gave the industry a much needed boost and could well be seen as the tipping point for the technology,” says the firm’s Nitin Bhas.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks