The number of contactless transactions made in Canada increased 14.71% in the first quarter of 2016 compared to Q1 2015, with the total amount spent rising by 108.84%, research by Moneris reveals. “Comfort on the part of consumers coupled with the payment infrastructure we have built here in Canada sets us up well to take advantage of the new mobile payment options entering the market,” says the company’s Angela Brown.
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway
- Mastercard signs deal to roll out mobile payments in 33 African countries
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Money20/20
- French electronic wallets merge to create ‘universal mobile payment solution’
- Gemalto mobile security survey