Bank of America added 910,000 new mobile banking users during the first quarter of 2016, resulting in a total of almost 20m active users, CEO Brian Moynihan revealed during the bank’s Q1 earning results. 16% of all deposit transactions with the bank are from mobile devices but mobile wallet payments represent less than 0.2% of the total payments made with Bank of America cards.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding