“Cash is still the most prominent payment method for UK consumers and global demand for coins is as strong as ever,” says The Royal Mint in response to research conducted by UK supermarket chain The Co-Op that predicted mobile payments will account for 65% of its transactions by 2025. “The demise of cash has been predicted for a long time but it remains the currency option the general public turns to for confidence, convenience and security,” the government-owned company adds.
- Android Pay launches in Ireland
- E-wallet added to Carrefour Romania app
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar has NFC controller
- Indian payments app ties up 15 mobile wallets
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers