More than 1,000 restaurants, bars and pubs across the UK are deploying Z-Beacon, a new platform developed by QR code-based mobile payments provider Zapper. The platform uses Bluetooth Low Energy beacons to send out personalised messages, offers and rewards to customers’ mobile devices. Restaurant chain CAU is among the companies installing the technology and has rolled out Z-Beacon to all 17 of its locations across the UK.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices