More than four in ten mobile users in the UK (42%) feel that NFC mobile payments are not secure, research from Ofcom reveals. “Mobile users are more likely to say that this activity is not at all secure (24%) than say it is completely secure (10%) — around one in five are unsure,” the communications regulator says. The findings also show that 15% of the 1,841 respondents have used their phone to make a contactless payment.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain