Nearly three quarters of European retailers and financial institutions (71%) plan to increase their spending on payments technology in the next 18 to 24 months due to increasing competition and a feeling of being “under siege”, research from ACI Worldwide and Ovum shows. “Banks are seen as the primary provider of payment services by European retailers,” says ACI Worldwide. “87% want to work directly with banks.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market