More than 60 contactless transactions took place every second across the UK during the month of February, The UK Cards Association reveals. In total, there were 159.1m contactless transactions, with the average payment sitting at £8.28. “With more than 60 transactions taking place a second, it is clear contactless card payments are becoming ever more popular,” says the organisation’s head of policy Richard Koch.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments