Nearly a third of European consumers (32%) have now made an in-store mobile payment, research by Fujitsu shows, while 22% have adopted wearable technologies. 44% still use cash every day, 37% would consider leaving their current bank or insurer if they don’t offer up-to-date technology, 47% would let banks or insurers use their data to recommend relevant products and services and 44% want their data used to keep them informed of their spending habits.
- Partnership deal for contactless payment wearables
- Visa opens up its tokenization platform to third party suppliers
- Apple Pay goes live in Japan
- Alipay targets 2bn global users
- PayPal talks up in-store mobile payments and One Touch adoption