The State Bank of Vietnam has instructed banks to “quickly carry out a plan to convert all magnetic cards into chip cards to prevent fraud”, according to Vietnam News. “Besides security, the conversion to the new card is also meant to get infrastructure ready for the application of new payment technologies in the near future,” the publication reports. “Five banks will be chosen to trial the conversion and other banks will follow suit.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market