Mobile barcode beaming technology provider Mobeam has processed more than 40m in-store transactions and is now handling more than 2m transactions per month through apps from multiple retailers as well as the company’s own Beep’nGo service. “Mobeam currently operates on more than 375m Samsung phones and the company is in talks with other manufacturers to expand the technology to other market leading devices,” the company says.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain