Bitcoin payment gateway BitPay has launched the BitPay Visa Card, a debit card that will let US consumers make payments with the virtual currency wherever Visa is accepted and make ATM withdrawals. “The BitPay Card can be loaded in seconds from any Bitcoin wallet,” the company says. “There are zero fees on Bitcoin top-ups and you can load up to $10,000 per day in spendable funds.” BitPay announced plans to launch an NFC mobile payment app in November 2014.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding