US supermarket giant Walmart has filed a lawsuit against Visa for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with their chip-based debit cards,” according to CNBC. “The retail giant filed a lawsuit in New York court, saying that Visa wouldn’t allow Walmart to just use the chip & PIN protocol and that it was required to allow customers to sign when using a chip debit card,” the CNBC website reports. The EMV liability shift took place across the US in October 2015.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain