The Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon market will more than double in 2016, remaining on track to break 400m shipments by 2021, ABI Research forecasts. “Beacons are also going to have an effect on mobile advertising,” the firm says. “The dedicated beacon advertising market will grow strongly, but collaboration and aggregation of networks will also be a developing trend in 2016.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway