The UK launch of Google’s Android Pay mobile payment service is imminent, according to The Telegraph, after notices appeared on payment terminals at a London branch of fast food chain Pret A Manger. “According to employees at this particular Pret store, the ‘We now accept Android Pay’ tags arrived overnight and have been displayed in stores from this morning,” the publication reports. Google confirmed in March 2016 that Android Pay would be launching across the UK in the next few months.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar