The UK launch of Google’s Android Pay mobile payment service is imminent, according to The Telegraph, after notices appeared on payment terminals at a London branch of fast food chain Pret A Manger. “According to employees at this particular Pret store, the ‘We now accept Android Pay’ tags arrived overnight and have been displayed in stores from this morning,” the publication reports. Google confirmed in March 2016 that Android Pay would be launching across the UK in the next few months.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway