Mobile network operator Telefonica is to launch a mobile banking service in Germany this summer using technology supplied by Fidor Bank. Customers who sign up for an account will receive an O2 MasterCard for cash withdrawals and shopping, and a mobile app that will allow P2P transfers. “This cooperation is the first disruptive alliance in Germany between a telecommunications company and an innovative digital bank,” says Fidor Bank CEO Matthias Kröner.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland