Australian banks ANZ and Westpac are completing plans to launch Android Pay in the country “mid this calendar year”, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. “ANZ and Westpac, including its subsidiaries St George, Bank of Melbourne and Bank of South Australia, will join Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, ING Direct, Macquarie Bank and Cuscal as the first to offer Visa, MasterCard and Eftpos on Android Pay,” the publication says. Google announced its plans for an Australian launch of Android Pay in December 2015.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway