The average UK adult made 20 card payments per month in 2015, of which around one in 10 were contactless, research released by Payments UK reveals. “By 2025, we are predicted to use a debit, credit or charge card virtually every day and almost half of these transactions, 14 per month, will be contactless,” the organisation says. “Many of these payments may be made using a mobile phone.” Payments UK also predicts that by 2025, cash will only be used for 27% of payments.
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway
- Mastercard signs deal to roll out mobile payments in 33 African countries
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Money20/20
- French electronic wallets merge to create ‘universal mobile payment solution’
- Gemalto mobile security survey