The average UK adult made 20 card payments per month in 2015, of which around one in 10 were contactless, research released by Payments UK reveals. “By 2025, we are predicted to use a debit, credit or charge card virtually every day and almost half of these transactions, 14 per month, will be contactless,” the organisation says. “Many of these payments may be made using a mobile phone.” Payments UK also predicts that by 2025, cash will only be used for 27% of payments.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain