Almost 1.6bn coupons will be delivered annually to consumers via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon technology by 2020, Juniper Research forecasts. “This is up from just 11m this year, as retailers seek to develop proximity marketing campaigns in and around their stores,” the firm says. “Spend on digital retail marketing is set to increase from US$174bn in 2015, to $362.1bn by 2020.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway