Samsung Pay will launch in Spain next week, marking the mobile payment service’s first expansion into Europe, City A.M. reports. Samsung is also “working on features beyond tap and pay to set it apart when it launches later this year in the UK,” the publication says. Samsung Pay announced its global expansion plans during a keynote at Mobile World Congress in February 2016.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain