The value of contactless payments made by Canadian consumers increased by around C$30bn (US$22.8bn) in 2015, on the back of more than 1.2bn transactions, Technology Strategies International reveals. “Only about one in six people who own contactless payment options do not use them,” says the company’s president Christie Christelis. “People are using their contactless payment cards more and more frequently, approaching three times a month on average.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway