A total of 17.7bn secure elements (SEs) based on GlobalPlatform specifications were deployed globally between 2010 and 2015, representing 41% of all SE shipments in that same period, the standards body has revealed. “This is a very significant announcement, which shows just how far the secure chip technology industry has advanced in recent years,” says GlobalPlatform’s Kevin Gillick.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market