Singapore bank UOB expects that NFC mobile payments will account for 10% of all its card transactions by 2020 on the back of “swift adoption of Apple Pay”, according to The Business Times. Around 19,000 cards from UOB have been enabled for Apple Pay in just two weeks since the bank announced its support for the service in May 2016.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway