American Express has unveiled Amex Quick Chip, a technology that enables merchants to provide cardmembers with a “more seamless” experience when paying with their EMV chip cards at the point of sale. “With Amex Quick Chip, cardmembers can dip their card during the checkout process and remove it before the transaction is completed,” American Express says. “Amex Quick Chip is available to merchant processors which may deploy the service to interested US merchants through a software update.” Visa unveiled a similar service in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding