Fifteen commercial banks and four specialised financial institutions in Thailand are to begin registration for PromptPay, a mobile P2P service developed by Bank of Thailand (BOT) and the Thai Bankers’ Association. “With this new money transfer service, transferees simply need to link their national ID or mobile phone numbers to their accounts for successful transactions,” BOT says. “All banks confirmed their readiness for the official launch of public registration nationwide from July 15, 2016.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway