Alipay parent company Ant Financial is seeking to buy a 20% stake in Thai online payment provider Ascend Money and to increase its stake to 30% at a later date. “Ascend’s subsidiaries include True Money, an online payment service provider, and Ascend Nano, a licensed financial services provider,” Reuters reports. “Ant Financial, whose Alipay payment platform dominates the online payments industry in China, is looking to expand its presence overseas.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway