PayPal will “hurt” from the launch of Apple Pay on the web, according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster. “Munster has confidence in merchant adoption of Apple Pay for the web, predicting that as many as 43% of PayPal’s merchants will accept Apple Pay at launch,” AppleInsider reports. “He believes that PayPal may be hurt, in part, by the fact that it does not feature a customer loyalty program.” Apple announced its plans to launch Apple Pay for online payments at WWDC last week.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway