US supermarket giant Walmart has launched its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, making it available in more than 420 stores across the three states. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016. It was rolled out to Alabama and Georgia earlier this week.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain