Customers of Dutch bank ABN Amro can now send payment requests to others using messaging platform WhatsApp and a new mobile app called Tikkie. “The requester enters the amount in Tikkie and then selects a person from their WhatsApp contacts,” the bank says. “Tikkie creates a link that can be sent with a WhatsApp message. With just one click on the link, the person who receives the message is directed to the iDeal payment environment. The money is automatically credited to [the requester’s] existing current account.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway