Oberthur Technologies (OT) is working with retail payment operator STET and Cartes Bancaires CB Group (GIE-CB), the regulatory body for the payment card system, to roll out mobile payment services in France. “Banks have commissioned STET and GIE-CB to work together to develop an industrial platform to enable banks to use this new payment method securely,” OT says. “By using OT’s Digital Enablement Platform (DEP), the customers of French banks will be able to use virtual payment cards stored in the digital wallets provided by manufacturers of compatible mobiles.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway