Payment processor Worldline is adding support for Alipay mobile payments in Germany. “The partnership allows Chinese tourists on trips to Germany to pay conveniently with their Alipay app at authorised retailers,” Worldline says. “The current pilot phases will be completed in July of this year and after that it will go live. The next step will extend the service to other countries.” Alipay partnered with payment provider Concardis to launch the service in Germany last month, marking its European debut after the company unveiled its expansion plans at Money20/20 Europe in April 2016.
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration