Owners of a Xiaomi handset running the MIUI8 operating system can now recharge their phone and make bill payments with “one touch” using mobile payment platform MobiKwik. “When a user receives a message from their telecom or DTH operator regarding low balance or bill payment, just below the same they will have a Recharge Now button for instant recharge through MobiKwik,” MobiKwik says. “MobiKwik’s partnership with Xiaomi enables the users to recharge right from the reminders that they get from the operators.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market