Passengers on New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) can now pay for tickets and have them validated on their smartphone. “Passengers on Metro North Railroad (MNR) and Long Island Rail Road’s (LIRR) Port Washington Lines will be able to use their smartphones to buy and display tickets to travel using the MTA eTix mobile ticketing app,” technology provider Masabi says. The service, which uses Masabi’s JustRide platform, will be rolled out across all MTA services by the end of the summer.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway