Passengers on New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) can now pay for tickets and have them validated on their smartphone. “Passengers on Metro North Railroad (MNR) and Long Island Rail Road’s (LIRR) Port Washington Lines will be able to use their smartphones to buy and display tickets to travel using the MTA eTix mobile ticketing app,” technology provider Masabi says. The service, which uses Masabi’s JustRide platform, will be rolled out across all MTA services by the end of the summer.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain