EMVCo and the Fido Alliance have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to review how Fido authentication standards can support EMV payment use cases. “A key aim of the initiative is to investigate providing simpler and stronger authentication for cardholders making mobile payments using on-device authenticators such as biometrics,” EMVCo says. “Initial activities will explore how Fido’s authentication protocol can be used to support EMVCo’s cardholder verification technology.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway