US pharmacy chain CVS is testing support for Apple Pay and is “evaluating” mobile payment options, according to AppleInsider. “Accounts of miscellaneous CVS locations accepting Apple Pay transactions have occurred for about a month on Twitter, and a tip received by AppleInsider suggests transactions are working at a location in Key West, Florida,” the publication reports. CVS is a member of US retailer-led consortium MCX, which ended its CurrentC mobile wallet pilots in June 2016. The pharmacy chain also turned off support for NFC in the wake of Apple Pay’s launch in October 2014.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway