Brazilian consumers can now sign up to mobile and online only bank Neon by taking a selfie with their mobile phone. “Instead of authenticating with a username and password, customers will take a selfie to use facial biometrics,” technology provider Daon says. “Customers will be issued two Visa branded debit cards. The physical card will be used for POS purchases at retail locations while the virtual card will be used for online purchases. Customers will use facial recognition to access their account and to perform additional transactions, such as transfers and payments.” The service makes use of Daon’s IdentityX platform.
- French electronic wallets merge to create ‘universal mobile payment solution’
- Gemalto mobile security survey
- Stagecoach to deliver contactless payments on all its UK buses by 2018
- Azimo adds Siri money transfers
- Eckoh and Worldpay conduct first telephone-based Apple Pay transaction