The annual use of contactless cards across the UK has risen 250%, with £1.1bn spent in March 2016 alone, research released by the British Bankers Association (BBA) reveals. “Banks issued 15m cards with contactless technology in 2015, up 54% on the year before,” the trade association says. UK consumers are now also using mobile banking apps more than 7,610 times a minute or 4bn times a year.
- Take part in our ‘Lessons learned from implementing HCE’ webinar today
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE