Customers of Africa’s Absa Bank can now conduct banking transactions through Facebook Messenger using the bank’s ChatBanking feature. The service will allow customers to retrieve balances, buy airtime or data for their mobile phone, view statements, buy prepaid electricity and make money transfers. “In a one-time only process, Absa customers who are registered for Absa Online and have access to the Express tab can register for ChatBanking for Facebook Messenger,” Absa says. The feature was made available in May 2016 through Twitter.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market