Eight out of ten Mastercard US consumer credit cards now include chips, representing an 88% increase in EMV adoption since the October 2015 liability shift. “The company also sees 1.7m chip-active merchant locations on its network, representing nearly 30% of the US merchant population and a 374% increase in chip terminal adoption since 1 October 2015,” Mastercard says.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure