US drugstore giant Walgreens has become the first retailer to integrate its loyalty program with Android Pay, allowing more than 85m active Balance Rewards members to earn and redeem points in-store through the mobile payments service. “Before payment, members simply hold their Android device near the PIN pad and the appropriate rewards information is applied,” Walgreens says. The company integrated its loyalty program with Apple Pay in November 2015.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments