Transport for New South Wales (NSW) has launched the Future Transport Beacon Innovation Challenge, asking for ideas from “tech savvy visionaries” to enable new use cases for a network of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons at Chatswood Station. “The best submissions will earn access to the trial beacon network from 10 October to 13 November,” Transport for NSW says. “If their concept is successful in trial, they will be invited to a live demo day to showcase their concepts to a panel of Transport for NSW leaders.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market