Chinese tourists visiting hotels belonging to InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) will be able to settle their bill using Alipay in locations across the globe from 2017. “The new partnership, which has been agreed by Alipay’s parent company Ant Financial, will initially apply to IHG’s existing estate of more than 270 hotels in Greater China, as well as a number of hotels around the world that participate in IHG’s China Ready Programme,” Ant Financial says.
- Partnership deal for contactless payment wearables
- Visa opens up its tokenization platform to third party suppliers
- Apple Pay goes live in Japan
- Alipay targets 2bn global users
- PayPal talks up in-store mobile payments and One Touch adoption