Nearly half of US millennials (45%) have made an NFC mobile payment, compared to 26% of non-millennials (those aged over 35), research from mobile POS provider Square reveals. “The consumers who use NFC are really into it — most cite it as their ideal payment method above credit cards,” Square says in a blog post. 77% of the 1,000 consumers surveyed have not yet tried NFC mobile payments. Nearly 75% of cards processed on Square now contain a chip, up from around 40% in September 2015.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade