Nearly half of US millennials (45%) have made an NFC mobile payment, compared to 26% of non-millennials (those aged over 35), research from mobile POS provider Square reveals. “The consumers who use NFC are really into it — most cite it as their ideal payment method above credit cards,” Square says in a blog post. 77% of the 1,000 consumers surveyed have not yet tried NFC mobile payments. Nearly 75% of cards processed on Square now contain a chip, up from around 40% in September 2015.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market