The NFC Forum has signed agreements with the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), the FIDO Alliance and the Smart Ticketing Alliance to collaborate on projects that will “advance the adoption and usability of NFC in key markets and technology sectors” including automotive, public transportation and digital identity. “All of the collaborations are focused on educating the market, unleashing innovation and removing barriers to interoperability,” the organisation says.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices