Retail giant Walmart is to stop accepting Visa credit cards at its 16 stores in the Canadian province of Manitoba, beginning 24 October 2016. Walmart Canada ceased to welcome Visa credit cards in Thunder Bay, Ontario in July. The decision follows the supermarket chain’s filing of a lawsuit against Visa in May for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with chip cards”.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade