Retail giant Walmart is to stop accepting Visa credit cards at its 16 stores in the Canadian province of Manitoba, beginning 24 October 2016. Walmart Canada ceased to welcome Visa credit cards in Thunder Bay, Ontario in July. The decision follows the supermarket chain’s filing of a lawsuit against Visa in May for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with chip cards”.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market